Review Detail

A fun and interactive story
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

A Rainbow Inside My Body: Finding Peace Through Yoda, Breathing Exercises, and the Chakras is an extraordinary children's book. In this one book, you and your child learn about relaxing meditation, chakras, yoga, and Ayurveda, and practical tips for movement, breathing exercises, and nutritious foods.

I really loved the pronunciation guide in the beginning. This was a fun introduction to the rest of the book.
The poetic text takes us on a interactive walk through calming oneself. Children can dance like rain drops or stand firmly on the ground like a mighty tree.

The authors' note at the end of A Rainbow Inside My Body goes into more depth about chakras, yoga, and ayurveda. There is also a fun section on different foods for different aspects of the body & chakras.
This is a book that can be read to children again and again and they will pick up on different aspects at different stages in their development.

My child absolutely loved the rainbow of colors, and how each color represented a different chakra.

A Rainbow Inside My Body would make a perfect fit for classroom “Calming Corners.”
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account