Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I figured that if I gave Bellocaro high marks, that might be a bit self-serving, not to mention arrogant. I prefer to pass on the kind remarks made by actual readers.
Enjoy,
-PSM
Good Points
5.0 out of 5 stars from Liz on Amazon: Keep Reading...It's So Much More Than Just Another Version of Twilight!
I looked over some of the reviews before I read this book. Quite frankly, one of the reasons I WANTED to read it was because of the comparisons to Twilight. And, yes, the feel is there in Bellocaro but contrary to some of the reviews posted here, it isn't simply a Twilight knock-off. While you can tell some of the inspiration came from Meyer's brainchild, it is its own story with its own twists and is really, really good. BTW, this author isn't the only one who uses this formula. Practically 1 out of every 2 or 3 vampire novels written today (vampire romance novels especially) have a similar feel, and for a very good reason. It works. Readers of the genre enjoy it. I found it refreshing to read a book with such a formula that was this well written since so many aren't nearly of that caliber. The only slightly negative thing I have to say about it -- and granted it's unrealistically picky -- was what seemed like a bit of an overuse of the phrase "cut her eyes" or a close variation of that for looking or glancing over at someone. I'll admit, though, it might have jumped out at me more than it would someone else because it's not an expression common to my area. That tiny thing out of the way, I thoroughly enjoyed both the storyline and the writing style. I will definitely read it again and look forward to reading book 2! Kudos, Ms. Meraux for a job extremely well done. Try not to take the comparison criticisms to heart. My guess is that a number of the critics didn't read far enough to see it for what it is: an excellent, authentic creation influenced by an author you admire. And when it comes right down to it, aren't all authors influenced one way or another by other authors they admire? If they're being truthful, I think they would admit as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Jan Anderegg -Author of the Julu Series, on Goodreads: This Book is Super Good. I LOVE IT.

First of all this is not a Twilight knock-off, and it's so much better than any of Bella Forrest's books. Reviewers who say so, need to know that in the history of literature ALL plots have been done repeatedly. I do a lot of reading and reviewing, and many of the books I read are in this genre. This one is at the top of my list. It’s just so good and refreshing to read. The idea of having the characters “spell-bound” on the magical island is intriguing, and the main character, Skye knows already that magic and magical creatures exist, so she’s not a Bella.
Well written, this story keeps the reader guessing what will happen next. This is a brilliant book. Don't be put off by the negative reviews. I'm really glad I ignored them, and took a chance at reading Bellocaro. I love Skye and Thatcher and the author gave all the supporting characters just the right amount of input into the story. I like the way the story line develops, and I love the characters. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account