Review Detail

4.1 14
Young Adult Fiction 499
Is Chloe hallucinating? Or does she see ghosts?
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Chloe Saunders is fifteen years old. And she can see ghosts. Of course, when she starts freaking out about something that's other people can't see, they assume she schizo and stick her in a group home: Lyle House. Chloe soon realises that there's a lot more to Lyle House than meets the eye.

This was great. I stayed up still about midnight reading it because 1) it was really good and I didn't want to put it down and 2) because it was really creepy and I wanted to find out the ending. It was creepy. And it doesn't help that I have a bit of an overactive imagination. Like, when she was talking about that ghost with the melted face, and those rotting corpses... yep, that gave me a disturbing image.

One thing that bugged me during the story was that Chloe was always either 1) in denial, 2) paranoid or 3) unable to come up with her own ideas. That annoyed me. She couldn't come up with her own ideas. When they told her she was schizo, she was in denial, and then believed it. When Simon and Derek told her she was a necromancer, she was in denial, and then she believed it. It kind of went on like this...

Anyway, overall, this was a really good book.
Good Points
- Good
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
December 11, 2012
Very unputdownable!
1 results - showing 1 - 1