Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
At first I was a bit annoyed with the author for switching POVs so much. 3 is pretty much my limit for the POV switching, but this one had FIVE POVs!!! Five!! But it was an amazing book all the same, and I adored it. It didn't matter that there were so many POVs, and lots of clichéd moments, this book was a really really fun read but with lots of deep moments as well that just finished it off.

Kylie is a goody-two shoes. She follows the rules, even when there aren't any. She is kind of a social outcast, with her only real friend being Will, a gay guy who is into movies, like her.One day before the end of school, her laptop gets stolen, and she runs after it, accompanied by the completely hot yet infuriating Max. Unfortunately, they get stuck in the truck, and taken to Mexico. Stranded in Mexico, Kylie has got to get home, but they have no passports. So they call in Will, to pick them up. With a day to kill, they get to know each other better and Kylie discovers that Max isn't as bad as she though he'd be. Problem is he's already got a girlfriend...

I loved the characters. Kylie and Max were not without their flaws and problems, but they were very fun and interesting. They were on complete opposite sides of the social and personality spectrum, and had absolutely no interest in each other, but then they get to know each other better, and I think we can all guess what happens here.

The supportive characters were really great as well, there was so much depth to them, and since we got to view the world in their perspective, I don't think we can really call them supportive characters any more. They were never left on the side, and they each had their own moments in the story. Will was really fun and really cared about Kylie. Jake had Asperger's Syndrome, and so he had a completely different view of the world, and even though Lily was a complete bitch, being in her head was great as well.

The romance was perfectly thought out as well. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to write a great romantic buildup in the space of two days, but Kramer managed it very well. I loved how Kylie and Max's relationship built up and didn't just suddenly be there. Their romance was very cute and the chemistry between them was really great.

This book had it all, intriguing plot, fun characters, and I loved it. I definitely recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account