Young Adult Fiction 12
Will you be my drainac?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked: Immortal Dark is a fresh debut novel that uses morally grey characters, dark academia, secret societies, lovers-to-enemies romance, and restless strife to find the truth on the edge of your seat. Kidan has grown up far away from all that we soon learn about in this book. She knows nothing about vampires, the mysterious Uxlay University, and the inheritance she can gain by becoming a companion to a vampire. Kidan's sister June has disappeared, and she will stop at nothing to prove to the world that she should be a heiress who has taken her.
What Worked: Tigest Girma has created a fascinating world where humans (acti) and vampires (brainiacs) are meant to live as companions in infamous houses. Each new concept about this world that Kidan has entered to find her sister had me on the edge of my seat. The dark academia is intriguing, Kidan's lengths to see her sister are jaw-dropping, and the secret societies and houses these people live in are so creative.
Final Verdict: I have never read a story quite like this one. I can see how new adults and young adults can use this book. It has been toned down to be a young adult, but it still holds lots of situations that you should check out the trigger warnings for before reading this one. You will find a set of characters that does not hold back from going at each other's throats; you may also want to read the book more than once before you read the next one when it's released, as there is a lot of info to unpack in this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account