Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'm not much into giving five star ratings. I read many genres. I absolutely loved this book. It has such an incredibly fresh take on super immortals. I have not read any other story with a concept like this. The main characters are all very well developed to the point that I felt like I was in the story. They were interesting for their strengths and weaknesses. The solid purpose of the main characters, making sure magic is released when soul mates meet is so refreshing. While there's a hint of romance in this first book, I get the feeling that's supposed to develop organically. I like that Emily gets to meet her soul mate but I do hope that the series continues to let me as a reader have more than her point of view. Definitely makes it easier to understand everything that is going on. I loved Emily's banter and was glad that she could be vulnerable too. I hope that the next book is just as excellent. They often fall flat by either changing the main focus or characters too much or by not really moving the story along. This is the first book by P.S. Meraux that I have read. She writes well, kept me as a reader engaged and has an inventive imagination. Seeing as she has already released 5 more books, I hope that by the time I get finished with them we'll get the next one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account