Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Emily is 23 and excited about her life, close to finishing college, has a good part time job and doesn't know anything about everything that is going on in the supernatural world hidden from her own but will totally change her life. There's a super wicked twist in the end along the lines of BAM! Fate smacks her in the face. The characters seemed three dimensional and real, not rushed.
In one of the opening chapters I got a little confused about the members of the council of nine, the ruling body of this alternative universe that the Paragons work out of, there were a number of introductions made in rapid succession but I found that it didn't hurt the book overall. I like that the mystery behind why her original soul mates were killed runs as an added storyline throughout.
I really liked that the book is not predictable. I read a lot and if I see the plot right away it ruins the book for me and I don't bother to finish it. This is not like that. I got into it, and it's a real book. The 200+ pages flew by before I knew it. Intriguing plot and concept that captured me until the end and left me wanting more. Luckily there was a preview of the next book, Beacon, which I imagine the author put there to draw me into the next one. It did.
Good Points
Nice, well paced writing.
Unique characters that I've never seen before.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account