Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 133
Maelstrom - Prince of Evil
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

I loved this graphic novel! It was predictable in the best way possible. This is a such a fun story of a Prince of Evil and his boredom. I thought the story was very well developed and I loved the way the characters were written. Each had such a unique voice and between the art and the dialogue - it was clear how each one should be portrayed. Maelstrom was such a fun main character. The way everything unfolded was done in a good way as well. The art was so colorful and I thought it beautifully captured this story.

The only thing that I felt was off was the VERY ending of this book. I think it was the way the characters seemed to have drastically changed between the last scene and the end. Maybe it was because Twig finally found her confidence but she wasn't the shy meek girl anymore. And Maelstrom was more honest than sarcastic. But I guess it was because they found their "true self".

However, I would absolutely recommend this graphic novel to anyone who enjoys this format of reading and a comical book about self discovery and being true to you!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account