Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Carlos Fuentes is sent to live with his older brother Alex in Colorado. Carlos wants nothing to do with following any rules. In fact he rebels against them. Then he's sent to live with one of Alex's college professor's and feels totally out of place. What's worse is the feelings he gets for Kiara, the college professor's daughter. She's nothing like the girls back home. The rules of attraction are put to the test. Will both Kiara and Carlos follow their hearts? They'll have to in order to fight against the odds that want to keep them apart.

I admit, the main reason I wanted to read this book was because of the awesome book trailer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m34Z1MYU0W6OH1

The author left a link on MySpace and I just had to get this book and review it! Simone was totally sweet and had her publisher send me a copy. I couldn't wait to read about this romance that fought against social differences that stood in this couple's way.

I wasn't disappointed. I loved the banter between Kiara and Carlos. Kiara isn't the stereotypical airhead Anglo. I loved how multilayered her character was. The chemistry between these two is very hot. Also the way the author used Spanish in the dialog worked. You don't need to understand Spanish to get the gist of what is being said. I also loved how Carlos reveals some of his vulnerabilities that make you love him too.

The only problem I had with this otherwise very engaging story had to do with the plot between Carlos and a big drug boss which was a tad bit predictable. But it's the romance and how both Kiara and Carlos beat the odds that makes this story a must read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account