Young Adult Fiction 14
Who do you trust?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked: The Assassian's Guide to Babysitting had just what I expected: an unexpected society with special powers, surprising twists, and secrets waiting to be uncovered. When True and her friend go to babysit that they are expecting to watch an innocent baby sleep, drool, and poop. What unfolds is anything but; on the run, after her friend leaves to do a job with her sister, Tru is now entrusted with keeping the baby safe from everyone who wants to own her and her special powers. We soon learn that Tru is like this baby, hiding a set of powers everyone fears.
Final Verdict: The world-building is what I expect from this author, giving us just a bit as we learn about the world and are thrust fully into the story. I admit I picked up the book cause I was hoping for a story like the Movie Adventures in Babysitting, which we get. Still, instead of drug dealers, we have superhero-type powers and secrets about those powers and a baby instead of a collection of children of various ages. The Assassian's Guide to Babysitting ends like there is more story to tell, so I hope there is more cause I want to know more about this world and Tru.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account