Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova is an enticing new look at the myth of merfolk. I overall enjoyed the story, but I hit a few bumps along the way.

First off, the characters – I LOVED THEM. They were hands down my favorite part of the book. Layla was so spunky and awesome and rad. Thalia was pretty awesome as well. All the characters were basically just so charming. I am quite curious to see where some of the characters allegiances will lie in the next book.

I had a bit of trouble getting into The Vicious Deep as it started off. The story felt a bit disjointed, and I wasn’t really connecting with it. As the story built and more things were explained, I definitely got more into the story. I loved Zoraida Cordova‘s take on the mythology of mermaids, as it was very different from other tales I have read.

The Vicious Deep didn’t feel quite complete to me. A lot happened throughout the book, but I didn’t quite get the impression the characters had accomplished that much. I just wanted more to happen. I am very curious to see where the story will go from here, as I can only imagine it will pick up and get more awesome from here.

The Vicious Deep was a book that I did quite like. I had a few issues with the plot, but that didn’t make the story any less addicting. I could scarcely put it down. I can’t wait to follow up with this stellar cast of characters in The Savage Blue!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account