Kids Fiction 306
joyful poem and colorful pictures
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

LOVE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR is a sweet, poetic picture book about positivity. The book features lyrical prose about many positive and meaningful elements, such as hope, equality, bravery, and happiness. It compares them to unlikely experiences, such as love being a color in the title. Unique and colorful illustrations bring these elements to life throughout.

What I loved: This is a unique poem with a message of positivity. The lyrical text compares sentiments with unexpected things but brings them together with simple lines about life and joy. The end of the book brings up dreams for the future, leaving the reader with warmth and good feelings. The text is accompanied by colorful and unique illustrations in a style that feels as abstract as the writing, complimenting it well and giving the reader plenty to visually explore on each page.

The pages turn fast with only a couple lines on each page. The font is fairly easy to read with clever placements that keep it visible on each page spread. The messaging and rhythmic quality of the book when read aloud will make it a good pick for bedtime.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, some of the lines are a bit awkward in terms of throwing off the rhythm of the book to fit in concepts. It also feels a bit lengthy in terms of the number of pages/concept for young readers, but this will work better for older picture book readers.

Final verdict: LOVE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR is a colorful and imaginative poem and picture book that will work well for older picture book readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account